Massage therapy is the scientific manipulation of the body’s soft tissues, mainly consisting of manual (hands-on) methods such as providing fixed or moveable pressure, holding, and manipulating muscles and body tissues.
Therapeutic massage may be recommended for both adults and children to give these benefits:
- minimizing muscular tension and stiffness
- alleviating muscular spasms
- enhancing joint and limb flexibility and range of motion
- enhancing ease and efficiency of movement
- reducing sites of tension and general stress thus promoting relaxation
- facilitating deeper and easier breathing
- increasing blood circulation and lymphatic flow
- easing tension-related headaches and eyestrain
- encouraging quicker healing of soft tissue injuries such as torn muscles and damaged ligaments
- minimizing pain and swelling connected to injuries
- decreasing the production of scar tissue after soft tissue injuries
- increasing health and nutrition of the skin
- improving posture using modifying tension patterns that impact posture
- raising awareness of the mind-body relationship plus strengthening mental awareness and attentiveness
Registered Massage Therapy is a specialty of healthcare in which practitioners must graduate from a recognized post-secondary university. A Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) is needed to have acquired over 2200 hours of training and passed strict provincial testing criteria before being “Registered”. RMT’s must also be members of the College of Massage Therapists which governs the performance of all Registered Massage Therapists.
Registered Massage Therapists are actual experts in their field and are licensed under the same legislation in Langley as physicians, registered nurses and physiotherapists. Most insurance policies will fund services delivered only by a Registered Massage Therapist.
A massage therapist contributes overall well-being to a client using therapeutic massage to the body’s joints and soft tissue muscles. They offer relief from pain, rehabilitate injuries, restore poor circulation, teach relaxation skills, as well as helping to relieve stress. They determine a client’s therapy by acquiring medical history and pain/stress concerns. They establish a plan of action to help heal the injury (or problem region) based on the gathered information and maintain records of any progress or revisions to the treatment using massage therapy.
- Know your goals
Ask yourself what you intend to accomplish by undergoing massage treatment. Are you looking for pain or stress relief? Are you craving a lengthy massage? Various styles of treatment generate different effects, so understanding what you want is a key aspect in locating the correct massage therapist. Many therapists are trained in particular approaches. For instance, if you are struggling with discomfort from a sports injury, you should search for someone skilled in sports massage.
- Learn about different methods
There are various techniques of massage treatment. Learning about these diverse methods can help you choose the ideal approach to match your requirements. If you are searching for a simple calming experience, frequent spa massages should do the job. If you are searching for pain treatment in a specific location, you can benefit from deep tissue or cupping therapy. After identifying the proper approach, it will then be easy to discover the most suitable therapist skilled in the best method.
- Do some research
Do your research on the clinic or individual massage therapist you are choosing. Ask about their areas of specialization, years of experience and the types of clientele they normally deal with. Read reviews online or ask for suggestions. These steps can help you select a reliable and competent massage therapist.
- Try a test session
The easiest approach to find out whether a massage therapist is good for you is to make an appointment and give them a try. Consider arranging a 30-minute appointment to learn their approaches. If you decide that you like the therapist, you will feel comfortable arranging lengthier appointments.
The best Certified Massage Therapists in the Langley area are at Fraser Life. Visit us online or speak with one of our friendly team members at (778) 278-4755 today.